Why Does My Application Keep Being DECLINED?
How can I make my application more appealing?
We know how difficult it is to find a rental property at the best of times.
But during a pandemic, is even harder.
So, if you need to find a new home during these testing times, we’ve got some tips to make it easier on you.
Inspect the property or request an online tour.
This will help you determine if the property is suitable for you and meets your requirements.
eg: room sizes, fridge space, laundry set up, yard etc
Submit your application early.
If you love the property and you’re feeling pretty confident that you’re keen to rent it, get your application in as soon as possible.
Now, this is where it can all go wrong, and we are going to share some hints to help save you time, and disappointment!
- Ensure ALL applicants over the age of 18 complete an application form and submit together
- Where possible, pay the fee to verify each application
- Complete all questions and do not leave fields blank eg: employers contact details or previous rental provider
- If you are renting privately, we will check the current owner matches who you have listed
- Attach your current rent ledger or proof you are paying rent
- Ensure your license is in your current address
- Provide 6 weeks of payslips or Centrelink payments, and show the matching bank transactions where that money is deposited to your account
- Check in with your previous agent, do you have a good history?
- We'd highly recommend clearing up any rental debts before applying
- Most agents will calculate affordability with the 30% of income test
- I personally love cover letters that share a bit about you and your situation, add a bio
- Be wary of agents still rental bidding, if a property is advertised at a fixed amount, they cannot invite a higher amount
- If its your first time renting, feel free to contact me on some more hints to help you get started
If you’ve got a pet, make sure you complete a pet application and include a photo of your furry friend too!
If you are unsuccessful.
We know it’s frustrating but if you are doing all the right things, maybe ask for some feedback, or request to be alerted when similar properties are listed
We want to help you find your dream home. It just might take a little longer than it used to! But we’ll get there, together! Reach out anytime!